Monday, April 25, 2011

this joyful eastertide

What a blessed Easter weekend it has been. Time for a lil' recap before diving head-first into this week.

Let me preface by saying that the social and commercial aspects of Easter are enjoyable and make great memories, the best part of this holiday is the comfort of forgiveness, God's grace, and a living Redeemer. The church services at Salem Lutheran were a beautiful reminder, not to mention they were graced by amazing music, the Lord's Supper, and powerful sermons.

Husband and I hosted my sisters Maggie and Molly, and family friend Brittany, who are all college students in MN.
Brit, Maggie, Molly - lovely ladies
Friday night after church we made a delicious Tex-Mex themed dinner of tacos and margaritas, followed by our attempt at making tie-dyed Easter eggs, or "spring spheres."

Should the tie-dye Easter egg kit really be that complicated for a college graduate and three college students?




We shared a relaxing Saturday brunch with the in-laws of yummy banana bread, pancakes, grapes, and mimosas, followed by some light shopping and cooking fettuccine alfredo and garlic bread for dinner.





The weekend culminated with Easter Sunday. We got dolled up for church and Easter brunch in Stillwater, then headed back home to find the baskets that Justin and I the Easter Bunny had hidden. He found some really sneaky spots to hide our goodies, but thankfully I was not the last to find mine. (Mom: we didn't break the Easter rules...I just happened to be in the room when Molly stumbled upon mine.)



Hope everyone else felt as blessed and content this weekend as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment :)