I have 4 square cork boards, and each one will have a theme to reflect my life goals. The point of this board is to motivate me when I'm feeling lazy or lose sight of the end result. Today I completed the travel one:
| Some of my creative supplies |
| The war zone that was my living room when I was done. |
| Some of my visual inspiration! |
| Part of the final result. |
| It's surprisingly tough to get that "carelessly thrown together" look that makes a collage look good. |
Having satiated my desire to create, I went to work, and had a laid back, work-on-your-project day for my students. With Juanes playing in the background, they each planned their trip to a Spanish-speaking country of their choice. What a fun project, huh?
Normally I accomplish my workouts before school on Mondays and Wednesdays, so today I went straight from school to the gym. Reading a few fitness blogs before working out did wonders for the intensity of my time at the gym. I even got a fist bump from a random guy who noticed my domination on the elliptical!
Sister #4 of 6 (Maggie) arrived at our teacherage right as I pulled into the driveway. Let the Easter festivities begin! In honor of having a "guest," I decided to make a real dinner instead of just cereal or smoothies. I chose one of our favorites: Mexican chicken...yum!
Start with 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and chopped green peppers. Heat until the chicken is fully cooked. Add salsa and chicken broth - bring to a boil, throw in some brown rice - cover and let sit for 5 minutes, top with cheddar cheese, and you've got yourself a nutritious and delicious meal!
Final result. We all had seconds!
Ingredients: Mexican Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Chopped green pepper
1 can chicken broth
1 cup mild salsa
1.5 cups brown rice
sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.
Having the next two days off of school will be the perfect opportunity to catch up on some house work, continue my awesome workout routine, and run with this creative streak by finishing my inspiration boards! I am also looking forward to some of my favorite worship services of the year: Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
What do you do when you're feeling creative?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from my readers! Feel free to leave a comment :)