Ahhhhhhh. Long weekends. A cornucopia of possibilities. Barbecues, movies, long walks, and spring cleaning with the husband.
OK...maybe spring cleaning doesn't sound that exciting. In fact, if I were still living with my parents, I would be rolling my eyes at the very mention of it. For some reason, though, once you have your own place, spring cleaning doesn't seem so bad! It's revitalizing...rejuvenating...a chance for a fresh start. On the docket for Spring Cleaning '11:
- Cleaning out and rearranging closets. I used to work in retail, and something about folding clothes so the edges line up just so makes my heart flutter. Arranging them in rainbow color order. Ironing the hanging shirts. Lining up my shoes all nicey-nice. And the part I'm most excited about...getting rid of half my wardrobe! Let's face it...when you're teaching high school students, but you still have tank tops and dress pants from high school, it's high time for a change. (Sisters...if you want to see any clothes before I sell or give them away, let me know. I wouldn't recommend it, though...not cute.)
- Scrubbing down every nook and cranny of the house. I'll spare you the sordid details.
- Deep cleaning the laundry room in the basement, and setting it up for the newest addition to our family. No, I'm not preggers...who puts their baby in the basement? Justin and I are getting a yellow Labrador puppy in just 2 weeks! We'll be setting up the kennel, raiding the dollar store and PetsMart for a plenitude of toys, and picking out a cute little leash and collar set for him. Now we just need to pick out a name. Take a look at the cutest lil' bugger you've ever seen:
After this weekend one more week of teaching before SUMMER BREAK. Ahhh teaching is the best job ever.
Here are some posts from other bloggers I enjoyed this week:
- Frugal Dad's take on paying for children's college education. I struggle with this same issue.
- Ciao Bella's portrait of Jennifer Lopez's hair and makeup. I. Want. That. Hair.
- My sister Molly's Fitness Week. It inspired me to eat healthy, think positively, and hit the gym hard this week.
- Elle's Would You Rather post. I love day dreaming about where I will travel next.
- Sammy's moving adventures. I can definitely relate, transitioning from carefree college student to "responsible" grown up.
Have a great long weekend. Relax. Celebrate. Refresh.
Keep Dreaming, Dreamers!